Urine in your carpeting is a severe problem that requires major restoration work, not just a simple cleaning and treating. That's why Chem-Dry of Sioux Falls uses the revolutionary P.U.R.T.® product, so even your most severe urine damaged carpets and area rugs can be saved. P.U.R.T. is a revolutionary product specially formulated to eliminate all urine odors. We've been able to get excellent results on even the most severe urine damaged areas and other odor-causing spots. It works to stop the smell at its source instead of simply masking the odor. Watch this short video to see how our pet stain removal process works!
Did you know that urine deposited on carpet does not just stay there? It penetrates the carpet ﬁbers and contaminates both the backing of the carpet and the ﬂooring material below your carpet. Often, pets will continue to smell the urine and urinate continually in the same general location, causing more damage. Built-up urine odors can permeate from the ﬂoor, be it cement or wood, from the tack strip, and even from the framework of the house behind the walls.
As the urine dries, the liquid will evaporate but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent. Simple cleaning will not help remove this odor. Until recently, there was not a product available that was effective at removing urine odors.
Luckily, Chem-Dry of Sioux Falls has P.U.R.T.®. When P.U.R.T.® contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor.
1. The source and severity of the odor are determined, then the carpet will be rinsed and extracted with a hot water rinse to remove the bulk of the urine crystals.
2. In worst cases, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.*
3. If necessary, the pad will be removed and replaced.*
4. An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor if determined necessary.*
5. P.U.R.T.® will then be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine.*
6. Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T.® will react with the urine, and break down the odor causing components.
*Additional charges based on your unique situation may apply for services.
If your home cleaning solution has failed, you don't have to live with pet odors in your home. Chem-Dry of Sioux Falls can remove 99.9% of pet urine odors in carpets, so don't settle for any less. The longer you wait, the more the urine odors with spread and the more tempted your pet will be to "use" the same spot again, so don't delay. Call Chem-Dry of Sioux Falls today and enjoy a fresh and clean home sooner!
*Based on studies conducted by independent laboratories of Chem-Dry's HCE (Hot Carbonating Extraction), P.U.R.T. (Pet Urine Removal Treatment), Granite Countertop Renewal, and Tile, Stone & Grout cleaning processes. Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergen. Pet odor results based on testing with the most common odor sources found in dog and cat urine. Pet urine bacteria results based on Chem-Dry's HCE cleaning process and a sanitizer, combined with P.U.R.T. All bacteria results include use of sanitizer. Figures are an average across multiple tests.